Sunday, October 11, 2015

Vanishing nib / Vanishing Point / capless

About 11 months ago I was totally memorized by pilot capless. i didn't own one then, and wanted one. I could make one, couldn't I?

Why not?

So, considering that it is a fountain pen that is retractable, there was no need to clone-make a capless, or even a dialog 3, although I confess i have extensively studied them. With a couple of parts again, I make my own cheap capless.

version 1:
kaweco nib unit
pelikan standard converter.
a pen body
a spring
a cap that shuts automatically.

well, it can be the first capless in clear mode. and it is certainly cheap. less than 50 for the whole assembly. Works with one hand too.










well, it worked for quite a while. the seal was tight and it wrote well. however, it can be improved. I think. So i changed the spring to make it a little stronger (surprising easy task), and added a cap (what?), such that it is an automatic retracting pen.to activate the pen, take the front cap out and post behind, which will push the converter down and reveal the nib for writing. the cap fully protects the nib, back and front.





No comments:

Post a Comment